PREPARE TO MOVE 3 – 4 WEEKS PRIOR
- Thoroughly clean inside & outside of house, garage and garden shed.
- Begin run down supplies of frozen and other perishable foods.
- Check large appliances and furniture will fit in your new home, and make a list of anything you will not take. If selling, advertise them for sale.
- Keep list of incoming mail and notify change of address for any subscriptions.
- Advise friends and relatives of your move date and new address.
- Prepare an inventory of everything and store it with your valuables.
- If you are packing, plan how and when to pack your belongings.
2 - 3 WEEKS TO GO
- If renting, advise your current landlord.
- Advise change of address to all relevant contacts (work, schools, doctor, bank stores, clubs etc.).
- If Chris Watkins Transport is not packing for you, start packing and labeling boxes with contents and intended location in your new home. Packing materials are available from Chris Watkins Transport.
- Make arrangements to move your pets or vehicles, if required. Chris Watkins Transport can arrange these for you.
1 WEEK TO GO
- Arrange re-direction of all your mail.
- Advise Electoral Roll and Taxation Office.
- Advise the relevant authorities for change of address on your license and car registration.
- Organize disconnections and final accounts for telephone, gas, water and electricity.
- Confirm new phone number and connection date.
- Ensure that services are connected to your new home, and ready to go for the day you move in.